The pros & cons of custom designed and built websites
- The website will have a completely unique design that will incorporate your company’s branding and will be based on the needs of your business.
- The process to create a custom site takes longer than a template site.
- The site will be built to be search engine friendly.
- The website is more adaptable to your company’s needs.
- The site will be tested to work across all browsers.
- The website will be built to the business owner’s specifications, so it will work exactly how they need it to operate for the best user experience possible.
- The site will grow with your business. A professional web developer will install technologies that will work with your business future requirements.
- The company that builds your site will be always there for support when you need it.
The pros & cons of using a template for your website
- Templates site have a shorter development time.
- There is a cheaper cost upfront.
- Lots of other businesses/competitors could be using the same template, which means your site won’t stand out as much.
- You are limited on how much you can customize the site; what you see is what you get.
- Some templates are not built to be search engine friendly.
- Templates may not work on all browsers.
- Template sites will mostly likely not have as good of a support system as a custom built site.
- Any images/copy added to the site must be adapted to fit in the areas predetermined on the template.